Friday, June 29, 2018

Hello Summer

When Summer approaches in my house it gets crazy. Kids come home from University, Grand baby is a summer fixture (which I love) and all the things you try to pack into the summer at our house because of living in Wisconsin. It only lasts about 3 months before all the water time and flowers and suntans fade. We have done a lot to our home too. Painted our bedroom which went from $40 in paint to a new bed and headboard and sheet and... well you feel my pain. LOL
Our City was also doing side walks so we had our driveway done. NO MORE STONES!!!! woo hoo. Now we just need a garage, BUT my mudroom is going to happen next. lol

So I'm very slow and non-existent with my crafting. I prefer to spend time with family, life goes WAY to fast to not. So not much to post for the summer. HOWEVER I am working on changing that.
My husband started a new job- well will in 2 weeks- and I'm going to have to adjust how I normally do things. So ya know by next summer I should have a routine. LOL

SO here are a few things I've made.

When your only grand asks you to do something, you tend to do it on the spot. This was an instant dress. lol

MY oldest had a baby shower to attend, and well this was really fun to make. Seems like everyone is having babies right now. we have 3 in the same side of family. Literally cousins.

With the 4th of July approaching, I found a wreath similar to this on my favorite time waster...  Pinterest... LOVE IT!!! Painted and glittered the stars. Attaches to embroidery hoop... 
My baby Grand (lol) loves hair bows and someone makes these HUGE 80s kind, and is charging a ridiculous amount for them. So... I thought (cuz I'm a snob, the crafting kind) that I can make cooler ones. LOL so... ok. not cooler however, different. She had cool paper. I wanted it for outsideish.


I don't know if  you follow my page on facebook but I make what I call car hats, they are all donated. I make them while we drive. NO not me driving but with road trips or something longer than 10 mins. I have a very short attention span and well... 
This is one. usually my own stitches and I have a stash in the car of hooks and yarn. its a weakness.

This was my version of a "Call the Midwife" My opinion, whoever truly invented this blanket needs a major award. like a lifetime of free craft supplies or chocolate award. This is such an easy and beautiful blanket, you can make any variation to it once you learn it. And it is a fun fast blanket.

I made this for the cemetery. My Mom, Dad and now Sister are there. I miss them. We always take care and make sure they are not forgotten, that is the absolute worst, to be forgotten. 

I have this book marker thing going on right now. I also have a thing for filigree. SO... you have to use a plain color, variegated doesn't show very well.

Another car hat, oh wait, I'm lying. This was started in the house. but made its way out to the car, happens.

So grand says...
BTW - HATE THIS DOLL ($tree and falls apart, until I made this dress)
Gramma, She needs a ballgown, to get married. ( her 2 aunts are getting married, busy year)
I stayed up all night to get this done, she had spent the night and well... SPOILED with LOVE
she has a veil and bouquet too. Blue dress was an 2 hour dress, finding items and interruptions.



ABUSE OF MY DOG!!!
Ok, she let me have a pic the proceeded to shred said shower cap. LOL

This was NOT a blanket I will ever make with baby yarn- EVER!!!
I would like to make with worsted weight. IT is a snuggle size, I got bored fast with repetitive stitch, and so small it took forever. I found the stitch on Pinterest in charts. Where they show you the stitches in a graph and you do it how you desire. Its easy  to do, DC and CH that's it.  

Again, I have a thingy for bookmarks...

oops, more book marks

At Easter she slipped and messed up her leg. She is not a calm dog at all. She is on meds here, didn't feel good so she got up, picked up her beary bear and cuddled with it. (shes doing better but its a permanent thing)

 
My husband is an amazing man. He is changing jobs. This can be scary. He feels this is a better choice for him. It may be. so I made this while sitting in the front room, using my grands things she has. I wrote some nice mushy words of him. 


Well I hope I entertained you for the 10 mins you just spent here. I hope you continue to come back and visit my facebook page  to see what I make. You may be surprised, I know I surprise myself sometimes. I have images ready for cards. Next week hopefully.
See you soon!

Ciao- Helen

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hi Helen! It looks like you've had lots of great projects to do over the last bit. Make things when needed, but let the rest go. Summer is so nice to be outside! My boys have been having a ton of fun biking. We got a canoe and that's been lots of fun to!
I hope you have a great day!

Definitely Monday....

 I CANNOT believe it is February already!!! WOW this year is gonna fly.  I made 7am cards today for a team meeting for Stampin Up. (Not all ...