Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Don't squat with your spurs on. -- Will Rogers

I have a husband who is really into westerns. Me- not so much, but sometimes. But I like western things.

This week at For Fun- we are having a challenge of Western. That can mean a lot of things. I do mean Country Western.

Always drink upstream from the herd.—Will Rogers

We have a lot of Iconic Western people and images. Will Rogers, Lone Ranger and Tonto etc. Look up western sayings or legends.  Just check them out, interesting. Especially the folk lore.

So I made a bookmarker for a friend who reads a lot. He will like this I hope.

I took 2 different photos of this. The first is with out (incase I messed it up) LOL

001                     002

These were made with the TAC – Wild West. I stamped the mane image on the bookmark, then I stamped the horse shoes where I place them. Well after that I had to make a “bandana” like background. I had seen this done a while back and could remember where I saw it or who had done it. So of course I entered it in a search engine. Found one on You tube. I thought she was funny so I used that.  I don’t know her, never met her but this was cool. I used a GWP stamp for the making of the bandana. Smile 

I hope you enjoy this and I really hope that you take time to play along with us at For Fun!

Materials used:

TAC – wild west, swirl stamps - Sharpie and Bic markers to color – white acrylic paint – jute. Cardstock in White and burgandy,

5 comments:

Anna K said...

Cute bookmarks!

Kathy D. said...

Oh did you put one of the cool quotes on the back? I love that you made the background...you go woman! I would of bought some paper! Love how you did the cord around the bookmark. Yeehaw my friend!

Julie said...

Wow - so much work in one bookmark.

I love the way you've used the jute around it! I would have messed it up for sure.

Thanks for letting me play along with you guys! xx

Barbara Colbert said...

I have a special message to you on my Blog..please stop by and see it! http://attcbarb.blogspot.com/2012/03/liebster-blog-award.html

Tracey said...

This is fab Helen! Your friend will love :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Katelyn's Kitchen Scrubby

Hot thing right now is to make your own kitchen scrubby. Everyone's using the red heart scrubby Sparkle or some other kinds. Some have b...