Monday, March 19, 2012

watercolor chalk tutorial

First I want to say, Keep praying for Tyler, hes fighting and I think prayers will help his fight. Thanks!

006

Ok so I think I made something new. It was an accident and well I liked it so…

Materials:

a stamp- I used Gina K’s Tropical Windows.

Versamark Water mark stamp pad

chalk any kind

Pink Pet eraser- this might be important to use this brand- please let me know if you get the same effect

a sponge- I cut mine up from a BIG yellow one- I “borrowed” from hubbys stuff. wonder if he’d want it back cut. lol

Card stock- I use Georgia Pacific white smooth I get it at walmart or target

you will also need other things to make the card you wish.

additional things I used-

green cs, green ribbon, cuttlebug embossing folder, tape,

tutorial 003

1- take your stamp and make sure its clean- clean it and wipe it on paper towel to make sure

2- chose the color chalk and get it open

3- “ink” up your image with the Versamark make sure you get it all- slight tint so you could see it.

tutorial 004

4- stamp it on a piece of white CS

5- take your chalk, using the sponge dab you image- some call this pounce, do whatever it takes to get     it chalked.

tutorial 002

6- after chalking smooth the chalk into the image making sure its really chalked. let sit a few mins. clean up your mess in the mean time

7-  take you pink pet eraser and start to lightly erase the chalked image.  start with the non-stamped part. then make sure the image is dry. then erase on that. It will leave a watercolor looking image on the card stock. 

tutorial 005

8.Then make a card.

I hope this was ok. any questions ask.

3 comments:

Anna K said...

Pretty card!

Paula said...

Beautiful card! And thanks for the tutorial on this chalking technique.

Dawn Frost said...

Great technique! I really like the card, clean, simple and very elegant.

Katelyn's Kitchen Scrubby

Hot thing right now is to make your own kitchen scrubby. Everyone's using the red heart scrubby Sparkle or some other kinds. Some have b...