Tuesday, September 21, 2010

BIg Bands, Myrna Loy and Cary Grant

So do I have your attention?
I was soooo born in the wrong decade. Instead of 1968 I should have been born in the 20's So I would have been an adult in the 30's and 40's. I love Big Band music, great stars like Myrna Loy and Bette Grable, hot ones like Cary Grant and Gary Cooper. The clothes - ladies looked like women and men looked like gentlemen.
So over at For Fun Challenges this week we are doing a vintage card. Bonus points for 1940's.
The girls did a great job. Here is my card. Now be kind, please. It has taken me 3 days to do this and its not really what I was looking for. I think you should go try this out. And check out what the girls have done with it.
I am entering this card in the following Challenges.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous, love those eras too!!!

CraftinGranny said...

Gorgeous card Helen. One of my favs! Love the lace. I grew up with the big band sound and I can remember dancing with my father who was one of the best on the dance floor as was my mother. I miss those days!
"Hugs" Carol

Tracey said...

Your card is stunning Helen, I love the design & that lace is gorgeous :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Toneloni * Tonje said...

Wow - love the card. Fab colors and the image is so cute :)

Thanks for playing with the Sugar ladies this week

Hugs
Tonje

Pauline said...

Ooh Honey, you've nailed this one, and you say it isn't what you're looking for? It is STUNNING! Those colours are just dreamy. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.
hugs and blessings, dear friend!
Pauline

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I LOVE your colors, that paper piecing is perfection and the trim is to die for! What a beautiful card!

Thank you so much for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges!

Heather Dennis

HappyCrafter said...

I think this looks very cool! Someone is going to be thrilled when they receive this--very unique and that lace is fabulous.

Anonymous said...

This is really a beautiful card, Helen. Gorgeous colours and the lace is just stunning.
Amelia x

Lisa said...

Helen....gorgeous card! I love this era too and I think your card does it justice. Beautiful image and the lace really puts a feminine touch on it.
xo
Lisa

Beth aka BR-T said...

Helen this card is so beautiful I hope all is well! Beth

Definitely Monday....

 I CANNOT believe it is February already!!! WOW this year is gonna fly.  I made 7am cards today for a team meeting for Stampin Up. (Not all ...